HAP Investments, an international real estate developer, is currently looking for project management professionals for its New York City office. Project Managers with varying levels of experience managing New York City mid-rise and high-rise residential construction projects are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and strategy of project development from the design effort through construction, obtaining Certificate of Occupancy and project closeout.
- Oversight and coordination of the design development with the design team from schematic design to 100% CDs with development of project scopes of work.
- Coordination with expeditors for plan review/approvals with the NYC DOB and permitting of project.
- Management and coordination with the selected construction manager/general contractor to keep the project within established schedule and budget constraints.
- Cost reporting of the project; tracking consultant contracts and construction schedule of values.
Working with lenders tracking construction loans draws, tracking of cash flow and anticipated costs throughout the project.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Development and Construction.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
Experience managing mid-rise and high-rise construction projects with either a Construction Management/General Contracting firm or a development firm. (2-3 years experience for a Junior Project Manager position up to 15+ years for a Senior Project Manager.)
- Expertise in the development process of residential projects is a must.
- Expertise in the New York City estate market including NYC agencies (DOB, DOT, DEP) and zoning laws.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver construction projects on time and within budget.
- Skilled in review and analysis of construction documents during the design phase with the ability to extend said knowledge to the construction of the project, monitoring adherence to construction documents.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and overcome challenging design and construction issues.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Comfort in a fast-paced working environment.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office and Project.
- Minimum Architectural or Engineering undergraduate degree. For more senior project management, a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Architecture, Real Estate, or Engineering, is additionally preferred.
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Development and Construction
HAP Investments is an EOE. If interested, please attach your resume and cover letter demonstrating relevant experience.
No phone calls, please. For more information, please visit http://www.hap-ny.com/.
HAP Investments is a real estate investment group focused on the development of mid-sized residential and commercial properties. The HAP team brings together a unique group of entrepreneurs and businessmen with broad experience in the global real estate markets, property development, real estate finance and law. HAP works with private investors to create profitable investment vehicles that have a steady, long term approach.